Coronavirus Business Support
The York BID continues to support the business community through the Coronavirus crisis.
- Keep businesses informed about the support and guidance available to them and how to access it.
- Represent businesses by engaging with key decision makers to ensure they understand the ongoing impact on businesses in the city.
- Work with our partners at City of York Council and Make it York on a co-ordinated approach to supporting businesses and the wider city.
- Plan to assist the long-term recovery of the business community.
Government & Industry Guidance
The below links offer guidance on how to reopen your business safely.
Advice on reopening the workplace.
Public Heath England: Guidance for employers and businesses on coronavirus (COVID-19)
Health and Safety Executive: COVID-19 Guidance
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy: Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)
World Health Organisation: Getting your workplace ready for Covid-19
UK Government: COVID-19 roadmap taskforces
Department for Transport: Safer Transport Campaign
Retail specific advice.
British Retail Consortium: Guidance on Social Distancing in Stores and Warehouses
Hospitality specific advice.
Hotels and other guest accommodation: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/hotels-and-other-guest-accommodation
Close contact services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services
Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery
UK Hospitality: Up to date information & support for hospitality industry
2020 has been extremely tough with the impact of flooding and Coronavirus. The York Business Improvement District (BID), Make It York and the City of York Council have been co-ordinating efforts to ensure business owners have information on how to access help and reopen their businesses.
York Business Recovery.
City of York Council have announced measures to assist kickstarting the economic recovery including creating pedestrian zones in Goodramgate, King's Square, Church Street, Colliergate, Blake Street, St Helens Square & Lendal. Changes to footstreets may affect deliveries. Details HERE.
CYC have prepared a comprehensive 'Let's Be Safe' Business Advice Guide for the safe reopening of businesses, which is available HERE, as well as floor stickers and posters which are available to download HERE.
The Chancellor set out a package of measures to help businesses through this period of disruption.
This Government 'Coronavirus Finacial Support' website offers further information about the support available: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
- Bounce Back Loans
- Cash grants for small businesses
- Cash grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- York Council Fund for Small & Micro Businesses
- Business Rates Holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses (including nurseries)
- Support for employee wages
- Rebates for sick pay to employees due to Coronavirus
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Support for larger firms through the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- Support for businesses paying tax: Time To Pay service
Free advertising for local business:
We’re supporting free advertising for local business. Sign up at:
York Mix – https://www.yorkmix.com/advert-listing/
Minster FM also has a free message board which the presenters are using for live readouts – https://www.minsterfm.com/listings/cancellations-and-closures/
Self-employment Income Support Scheme: https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/self-employment-income-support-scheme/
Government Guidance for Employers: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
Arts Council england Cultural Sector Support: https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/covid19