Coronavirus Business Support
The start of 2020 has been extremely tough with the impact of flooding and Coronavirus. The York Business Improvement District (BID), Make It York and the City of York Council are co-ordinating efforts to ensure business owners have information on how to access help at this time.
The Chancellor has set out a package of measures to help businesses through this period of disruption. For information on how to access these measures, York businesses are being encouraged to visit https://www.york.gov.uk/BusinessSupport for the latest business support updates.
This portal summarises what support is available, how to access it, and it will be kept updated in the coming days as more information is released from the government.
This Government 'Coronavirus Finacial Support' website offers further information about the support available: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses
- Bounce Back Loans
- Cash grants for small businesses
- Cash grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- York Council Fund for Small & Micro Businesses
- Business Rates Holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses (including nurseries)
- Support for employee wages
- Rebates for sick pay to employees due to Coronavirus
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Support for larger firms through the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- Support for businesses paying tax: Time To Pay service
Free advertising for local business:
Are you still open and able to deliver? We’re supporting free advertising for local business. Sign up at:
York Mix – https://www.yorkmix.com/advert-listing/
York Press – https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/18345810.coronavirus-city-york-council-teams-press-back-businesses/
Minster FM also has a free message board which the presenters are using for live readouts – https://www.minsterfm.com/listings/cancellations-and-closures/
Self-employment Income Support Scheme: https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/self-employment-income-support-scheme/
Government Guidance for Employers: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
Arts Council england Cultural Sector Support: https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/covid19